I wanted to start a new feature on my blog that I can do on a regular basis, but couldn’t find one that I felt I could commit to. Then, I thought about what I loved most about blogging and Twitter, and realized that I enjoyed sharing, no matter what it was. I love promoting good books I’ve discovered, passing along great advice I’ve heard, and recognizing awesome people I’ve met. So, I’ve simply called this feature “Share The Love,” and will post it on Sundays, hopefully every week.
What a great week it’s been!
I twittered this week, and loved this tweet:
So cute, right?? LOVE!
Carol is hosting a SUPER ARC Giveaway with a MUST READ book, Girl of Fire and Thorns. The giveaway also includes The Eleventh Plague and Lola and the Boy Next Door, which are also great titles, but I’ve been SO into fantasies lately, that the Girl of Fire and Thorns definitely caught my eye!
Hira is hosting a Mega Awesome Giveaway for a Kindle in honor of her mom’s birthday and her parents’ anniversary! How can you NOT LOVE THAT?
I read a lot of fun books this week…
- Wildefire, by Karsten Knight (review up tonight)
- Putting Makeup on Dead People, by Jennifer Violi
- The Last Olympian, by Rick Riordan (Finally! It was NEVER in stock at the library!)
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
…and can’t wait to read these new-to-me books:
- The Unwanteds, by Lisa McMann
- Witchlanders, by Lena Coakley
- The Passage, by Justin Cronin (Just got this 844 page ebook from my library late last night and read it for a few hours. Epic does not begin to describe the scope of this book so far.)
(Didn’t I tell you I was really into fantasy at the moment? I think I really want to get a handle on how other authors treat huge, sweeping landscapes with a rich cast of characters. Not to say that WIP2 is huge or sweeping, but it does cover a LOT of terrain…)
Speaking of epic fantasies, when my sister and brother in law visited earlier this week (who were, by the way, the first overnight guests in our construct-y house since we bought it four years ago), we watched a little movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. Perhaps you’ve heard of it? Anyway, it lived up to its hype, and I had to watch Part 1 again the next night (followed by How To Train Your Dragon). See? I LOVE LOVE LOVE my epic fantasies ^_^.
I look forward to visiting with the rest of my immediate family this coming weekend as Hubs and I road trip (LOVE) out east. 😀