So, I felt the need to blog today. As if I needed to put a stamp on this day to recognize that yes, indeed, it’s a 29th day in February and that a 29th day in February is a Rare Day that needs to be Memorialized and Celebrated. Or something.
At any rate, in honor of the fact that I can only really write “February 29” every four years, I’ll share 20 mini-goals toward my big life goals that I WILL make happen by the next Leap Year. I’d write 29, you know, because of The Significance that is Today, but as you’ll see, I already had these 20 mini-goals in mind, and I didn’t want to spend extra time making up nine more, when I could be accomplishing the goals on my current list. Like the first one. I’m sure my crit partners would like for me to get on that one, like now.
(Plus, I kinda hate nines and prefer round numbers.)
In no particular order, except for #1:
- Finish WIP2. Query it.
- Meet my writing buddies at DFW Con. Be accountable.
- Go to my paythebills job Event this year (a BIG deal, trust me!). Be inspired. Go next year.
- Go to World Fantasy Con. Be a Fan Girl.
- Write and finish WIP5. Because it’s snarky yet sweet.
- Write and finish WIP4. Because it’s an overwhelmingly huge fantasy novel, and I love challenges.
- Write and finish WIP3. Because it reminds me to forgive.
- Rewrite my Hot Mess of a first novel. Because by now I will have the skill to execute its storyline.
- Be credit card free. Being able to give generously to people means more to me than amounting crap I don’t need.
- Read all of Haruki Murakami’s books. Because his stories are what I want to write, but lack the skill.
- Revisit the idea of going to graduate school.
- Go on a Disney cruise with my family. Because I want to visit Harry Potter World. I said it.
- Grow a vegetable garden. Because paying $4 for a salad is ridiculous.
- Return to Maui. Hopefully a few times. Refresh my spirits.
- Go on a mission trip. Maybe Brazil, or back to the Philippines.
- Learn to surf. For real.
- Road trip to more national parks. I missed out on Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone Park the last time.
- 90% of my food will come from local, organic sources. For reasons too numerous to share here.
- Own a puppy. Because my husband has this need to love and be loved.
- Continue to meet my physical fitness goals. Because it’s more fun to DO these things in a body that can keep up with my travel goals!
What milestones are on your list?
Image attribution: Shalom Jacobovitz
11 thoughts on “And It’s Leap Day”
This is an amazing list of goals, Liza. You’ve got a great spirit. Aside from finishing your WIPs (which I’m happy to beta for you, but obviously not write), I kind of want to do all these things with you. I’m certain you will have done these things before the next Leap Year, too. Quite possibly much sooner than that.
Great list, Liza. Good luck with each and every one. I felt the need to mark Leap Day too. Strange. I wonder where you are in the world that a salad is $4. It’s $10 here in New York City. 🙂
Thanks Melissa! And, those boxed salads in the grocery store are $4…restaurant ones are definitely closer to $10!
So EXCITED! ^_^
You have big goals, but I know you can do all of them. And lucky me, I do believe I get to go along on one of those:) My biggest goal is to finish 2 of my wip. (I have 4 started) After that, I’d like to shed some past hurts that I still let hang around and bother me. Also, I need to get out more. I’ve been too much of a recluse lately. What better time than spring!
Yay! I’ll be diligently saving because I think World Fantasy would be super fabulous to go to!! Yes, get rid of those things that bother you! I’ll be thinking of you!
I love your goals! I love you excitement for life and your ginormous heart that gives so much to those around you. Happy Leap Day!
Thanks, DB! You may need to badger me a bit, but I fully intend on seeing those goals checked off! ^_^
I hope you enjoyed the day!
Good luck with you goals 🙂 I’ve got like one goal and will be really happy if I get to accomplish it within my personal deadlines(notice the s appended to deadline 😉 ). And that is to actually get myself on the chair and complete my WIP.
You can do it! One step at a time!