So, I felt the need to blog today. As if I needed to put a stamp on this day to recognize that yes, indeed, it’s a 29th day in February and that a 29th day in February is a Rare Day that needs to be Memorialized and Celebrated. Or something.
At any rate, in honor of the fact that I can only really write “February 29” every four years, I’ll share 20 mini-goals toward my big life goals that I WILL make happen by the next Leap Year. I’d write 29, you know, because of The Significance that is Today, but as you’ll see, I already had these 20 mini-goals in mind, and I didn’t want to spend extra time making up nine more, when I could be accomplishing the goals on my current list. Like the first one. I’m sure my crit partners would like for me to get on that one, like now.
(Plus, I kinda hate nines and prefer round numbers.)
In no particular order, except for #1:
- Finish WIP2. Query it.
- Meet my writing buddies at DFW Con. Be accountable.
- Go to my paythebills job Event this year (a BIG deal, trust me!). Be inspired. Go next year.
- Go to World Fantasy Con. Be a Fan Girl.
- Write and finish WIP5. Because it’s snarky yet sweet.
- Write and finish WIP4. Because it’s an overwhelmingly huge fantasy novel, and I love challenges.
- Write and finish WIP3. Because it reminds me to forgive.
- Rewrite my Hot Mess of a first novel. Because by now I will have the skill to execute its storyline.
- Be credit card free. Being able to give generously to people means more to me than amounting crap I don’t need.
- Read all of Haruki Murakami’s books. Because his stories are what I want to write, but lack the skill.
- Revisit the idea of going to graduate school.
- Go on a Disney cruise with my family. Because I want to visit Harry Potter World. I said it.
- Grow a vegetable garden. Because paying $4 for a salad is ridiculous.
- Return to Maui. Hopefully a few times. Refresh my spirits.
- Go on a mission trip. Maybe Brazil, or back to the Philippines.
- Learn to surf. For real.
- Road trip to more national parks. I missed out on Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone Park the last time.
- 90% of my food will come from local, organic sources. For reasons too numerous to share here.
- Own a puppy. Because my husband has this need to love and be loved.
- Continue to meet my physical fitness goals. Because it’s more fun to DO these things in a body that can keep up with my travel goals!
What milestones are on your list?
Image attribution: Shalom Jacobovitz